Shopify Questions and Answers
Shopify Questions and Answers – Set 1
1. Is Shopify bad for SEO?
With Over 800,000 stores, in more than 175 countries, trusting Shopify to run their business, Shopify cannot be that bad for SEO.
These online stores gain customers from SEO efforts they put into their sites. If you follow the guideline for using search engine optimization (SEO) your your store search engine ranking will improve. If your ranking improves so will the number of customers finding your products.
Shopify online stores have built-in SEO features to help you optimize your content.
For details on How-to Shopify SEO Click Here.
2. How can I improve my Shopify SEO?
Improve the site visitor experience by making sure pages load faster by doing the following:
– use a fast, mobile-friendly theme.
– use smaller, optimized images.
– remove any plugins/apps that are not being used.
– Protect your online store by using TLS/SSL certificate to secure your site eg. https://www.internetmarketingladder.com/
– Apart from encrypting all communication on your site which helps ranking it also gives the user confidence in interacting with your website.
– Submit your online store’s URL to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
and then submit a sitemap so search engine bots can crawl your pages.
– Targetting the right keywords for your products or services.
– Use page Titles that grab attention and meta descriptions that engage and thereby elicit a click.
– For more on what to do to Help your Shopify online store rank in Search Engines Click Here!
Do Shopify tags help SEO?
Shopify tags such as Product tags, Transfer tags, Order tags, Draft Order tags, Customer tags and Blog Post tags are used mainly to organize whatever tag that is. For example product tags help in organizing product into specific groups. They are mainly used by the store administrator to find and work on related items.
Learn More Creating and using tags in Shopify
With regards to SEO it’s best to focus attention on Page titles, Meta descriptions, ALT tags and a page’s body content. By doing keyword reseach and then carefully selecting keywords that you think customers looking for your products or services might type into search engines.
for more information helping your Shopify store SEO efforts please click here.
How does Shopify store rank?
To improve the ranking of your Shopify store pay attention to and do the following:
– Keyword Choice and Use on Page Titles, Meta Description, Page body content, Image Names and ALT Tag for Image
– Fast loading Pages achieved by choosing a fast mobile friendly theme, smaller optimized images sizes.
– Submit your Online Store URL to Google Search Console and Bing Webmasters Tools, Submit Sitemap
– Use Https ie encrypt your site with an SSL or TLS Certificate to secure communication between your site visitor and your webserver.
– Create Internal Linking on your Website.
How do I get my online store noticed?
– Run Paid Ad Campaigns:
-Use SEO to Increase the chances of your online store being discovered on Search Engines
-Reach New Audiences with Influencer Marketing
-Drive Excitement with Events Contests and Giveaways
-Attract Customers with Content Marketing using blogs, video content like Youtube, podcasts.
-Getting More Traffic Click here for more information
How can I improve my Shopify store?
Get more traffic to your Shopify store by doing these:
1. Use SEO to increase your website’s visibility.
2. Reach your target audience on social media eg Instagram.
3. Build customer Trust through content marketing such as Youtube.
4. Use influencers to get more traffic.
Is it better to sell on Amazon or Shopify?
The main thing to be aware of is Shopify is a specialized ecommerce platform while Amazon is an online marketplace. Shopify gives you the tools to build your very own online store, while Amazon lets you sell through its marketplace alongside other online sellers.
Amazon handles fulfillment (if you choose to use them), and assists with some marketing as they already have millions of website visitors browsing for items they are interested in. Competition on the Amazon plastform is fierce.
However visitors to your Shopify store are focussed only on your products when they are browsing your site.
Take a look at this Shopify Review here