Shopify Questions and Answers
Questions in Left Hand Column
- Is Shopify bad for SEO?
- How can I improve my Shopify SEO?
- Do Shopify tags help SEO?
- How does Shopify store rank?
- How do I get my online store noticed?
- How can I improve my Shopify store?
- Is it better to sell on Amazon or Shopify?
Questions in Right Hand Column
- Why Shopify is the best?
- Is Shopify good for blogging?
- Does Shopify handle inventory?
- Is Shopify any good?
- What is SEO Shopify?
- How many tags should I use on Shopify?
- What do tags do on Shopify?
With Over 800,000 stores, in more than 175 countries, trusting Shopify to run their business, Shopify cannot be that bad for SEO.
These online stores gain customers from SEO efforts they put into their sites. If you follow the guideline for using search engine optimization (SEO) your your store search engine ranking will improve. If your ranking improves so will the number of customers finding your products.
Shopify online stores have built-in SEO features to help you optimize your content.
For details on How-to Shopify SEO Click Here.
Improve the site visitor experience by making sure pages load faster by doing the following:
- use a fast, mobile-friendly theme.
- use smaller, optimized images.
- remove any plugins/apps that are not being used.
Protect your online store by using TLS/SSL certificate to secure your site eg. https://www.internetmarketingladder.com//
- Apart from encrypting all communication on your site which helps ranking it also gives the user confidence in interacting with your website.
Submit your online store’s URL to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- and then submit a sitemap so search engine bots can crawl your pages.
Targetting the right keywords for your products or services.
- Use page Titles that grab attention and meta descriptions that engage and thereby elicit a click.
For more on what to do to Help your Shopify online store rank in Search Engines Click Here!
Shopify tags like Product tags, Transfer tags, Order tags, Draft Order tags, Customer tags and Blog Post tags are used mainly to organize whatever tag that is. product tags help in organizing product into specific groups. They are mainly used by the store administrator to find and work on related items.
Learn More Creating and using tags in Shopify
With regards to SEO it’s best to focus attention on Page titles, Meta descriptions, ALT tags and a page’s body content. By doing keyword reseach and then carefully selecting keywords that you think customers looking for your products or services might type into search engines.
for more information helping your Shopify store SEO efforts please click here.
To improve the ranking of your Shopify store pay attention to and do the following:
- Keyword Choice and Use on Page Titles, Meta Description, Page body content, Image Names and ALT Tag for Image
- Fast loading Pages achieved by choosing a fast mobile friendly theme, smaller optimized images sizes.
- Submit your Online Store URL to Google Search Console and Bing Webmasters Tools, Submit Sitemap
- Use Https ie encrypt your site with an SSL or TLS Certificate to secure communication between your site visitor and your webserver.
- Create Internal Linking on your Website.
- Run Paid Ad Campaigns
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- Use SEO to Increase the chances of your online store being discovered on Search Engines
- Reach New Audiences with Influencer Marketing
- Drive Excitement with Events Contests and Giveaways
- Attract Customers with Content Marketing using blogs, video content like Youtube, podcasts.
Getting More Traffic Click here for more information
Get more traffic to your Shopify store
- Use SEO to increase your website’s visibility.
- Reach your target audience on social media eg Instagram.
- Build customer Trust through content marketing such as Youtube.
- Use influencers to get more traffic.
The main thing to be aware of is Shopify is a specialized ecommerce platform while Amazon is an online marketplace. Shopify gives you the tools to build your very own online store, while Amazon lets you sell through its marketplace alongside other online sellers.
Amazon handles fulfillment (if you choose to use them), and assists with some marketing as they already have millions of website visitors browsing for items they are interested in. Competition on the Amazon plastform is fierce.
However visitors to your Shopify store are focussed only on your products when they are browsing your site.
Take a look at this Shopify Review here
Shopify is Fast, Responsive & Reliable and relatively low cost. It is an eCommerce platform that’s SEO optimized, fully hosted with a secure shopping cart. It gives complete control over the look and feel of your online store website. You can sell your products or services both online and selling in person also known as (aka) Shopify POS (Point of Sale) feature integration. For those into drop shipping it can also be fully integrated.
Shopify online stores come with a built-in blogging engine. Blogging is a great way to engage and build your audience and generate more traffic. More traffic = More sales for your business. Setting up a blog can help you build a community around your products and your brand.
If you already have a blog on the WordPress platform you can connect your Shopify store to your blog.
The short answer is YES Shopify handles Inventory very well. Shopify’s inventory management solution helps you stay organized, avoid costly errors and track all inventory activity. … Whatever your inventory management woes may be, the Shopify platform is designed to make your life easier and your customers happier.
Yes Shopify is not just good in its relative low cost but it’s rich in features that you can customise your online store to your personal liking. Like choice of online store themes.
Take a look here for more information on Shopify Themes
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It’s a process where a website owner, in this case a Shopify online store owner optimizes their site with keywords and description of the product they are promoting. When search engines such as Google or Bing crawle the sites they index such data. Its not just keywords and descriptions that are important. Other factors such as site speed, backlinks etc are also taken into account.
Get more information on Shopify SEO marketing
You can have up to 250 tags for each product.
More Information on Shopify Product TAGs